Not gaining weight while traveling is HARD! The lure of trying mouthwatering local cuisine is too hard to resist. After all what’s the point of traveling to a destination and not trying its local cuisine.
But the one thing we constantly complain about is ‘How to avoid weight gain and stay fit while traveling’. We all want to stay healthy and maintain our weight, but also want enjoy the appetizing food on the vacation. A whole week of eating yummy pizzas, burgers, fried food and deserts can wreck havoc on your hard earned weight loss and fitness regiment. Our Excuses – But finding a gym is not easy and taking a whole hour off just to exercise is a criminal waste of vacation time.
Exercising regularly has so many benefits and we should try our best to get a quick workout even on vacation. No more excuses!
If Fitness is important to you, you will find a way. If it’s not you’ll find an Excuse.
Here are 10 Simple Quick Workouts you could do even when you’re short on time/space/patience etc. and maintain your weight.
Try these Simple Workouts
- Walking – Try walking to the places you visit. You can explore and discover so many local sights and also get a healthy calorie burn.
- Running – All you need is a pair of your faithful running shoes and the world can be your jogging track. Go for a run in the mornings!
- Swimming – Take a dip in the pool, river, ocean for a fun and refreshing workout.
- Cycling – Rent a cycle, explore the city like a local and peddle away the calories consumed in your last succulent meal.
- Yoga – Increase your flexibility, core strength, and melt away your fat. Great way to relax and feel at peace while on a trip.
- Dance – Let your hair down, bond with fellow travelers, dance the night away, and Have the time of your life. Dancing is a great cardio workout.
Walking to Tourist places can also be a fun, challenging workout and helps you stay fit while traveling.
Taking the stairs can be an exciting workout too!
If you have only 7 minutes, try this High Intensity workout before heading out of the door.
Everybody has off days. Try these yoga routines on days when you are too tired to work out.
Bring out your inner child – Workout with a swing at the park.
No time to workout? Just do 10 burpees for 2 quick mins. Get your heart pounding and your metabolism cranking!!
Kick and punch your travel rage away and get into fighting shape.
Hotel room workout – When you have very limited space in your hotel room.
Workout barefoot – Quick workout without disturbing your travel partners.
Lower back exercise – After a long day of traveling, you lower back can take a toll. Try this routine to ease your lower back pain.
Watch your diet – You cannot outrun a bad diet, and you can’t out-train it either.
Compensate for a fatty meal, next day but eating healthy, natural, and unprocessed food. This video explains the important of a maintaining a balanced diet, not going overboard with food, and stay fit while traveling:
Magic solution to avoid weight gain on vacation.
Commit to workout everyday – Add it to your calendar, set up an email reminder, do whatever it takes, but don’t take no for an answer.