Travel can be full of risks. One wrong decision and your vacation could be ruined. To guarantee a smooth trip we at Travelbug want to share with you 10 important travel tips that will help you make all the right moves!
- Travel tip 1) Be Patient – Don’t sweat the stuff you have no control over. At times like this, take a deep breath and remind yourself that it could be worse.
- Travel tip 2) Rise and shine early – Wake up at sunrise to have the best attractions all to yourself while avoiding large crowds. It’s also a great time to capture photos due to the soft diffused light, and its usually easier to interact with the locals. Honest hardworking people wake up early; touts, scammers, and criminals sleep in.
- Travel tip 3) Stash emergency cash – Money talks…and saves too. To save your ass in an emergency, make sure to stash some in a few different places like socks, under shoe inserts, a toiletry bag, around the frame of a backpack..get creative.
- Travel tip 4) Backup all your documents – Keep both digital and physical copies of your passport, visas, driver’s license, health insurance, files & photos on an external hard drive or online and important phone numbers ready to go in case of an emergency.
- Travel tip 5) Capture – You may only see these places & meet these people once in your lifetime. Remember them forever with plenty of photos. Great photos are the best mementos.
- Travel tip 6) Keep an Open mind – Ask questions. Practice empathy and put yourself in someone else’s shoes. You don’t always have to agree, but you’ll be surprised what you will learn.
- Travel tip 7) Wander away – The world is not as dangerous as the media shows it to be. Keep an eye out for sketchy situations but don’t be so vigil that you ruin your entire trip. Trust your instincts and you’ll be fine. Most people over the world are friendly, trustworthy, generous, and mostly willing to help you out.
- Travel tip 8) Go local – Taste a bit of all the local food when you travel, especially if you don’t know what it is. 😉 Get friendly with the locals and ask for recommendations. If you have the stomach for it, experiment with street food from vendors, especially with big lines out front.
- Travel tip 9) Travel Light – You don’t need half the gear you think you do while traveling. If you’re not sure about a certain item, then you probably don’t need it. Don’t stress when you forgot something, it’s possible to buy most things at your destination country.
- Travel tip 10) Smile & say Hello – Trouble interacting with locals? People seem unfriendly? It could probably be because of your body language. One of my best travel tips is to make eye contact and smile as you walk by. If they smile back, say hello in the local language (if you’ve learned it). Also, a super way to make new friends.
Also Click the images to find a list of related posts on Travelbug’s Travel tips:
Want TravelbugDiary to help you with a Free, Personalized, Curated Travel Plan for your next big vacation?